From the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency,
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), with support from the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and the Portland Harbor Community Advisory Group (CAG), invites you to attend the third quarterly Open House/Public Forum on Wednesday, December 12 from 5:30-8:30pm at Revolution Hall located at 1300 SE Stark Street, Portland OR.
What is the purpose of the Portland Harbor Open House/Public Forum?
The Portland Harbor Open House/Public Forum is an opportunity for community members to meet with EPA and DEQ four times a year to understand and review information and updates about the Portland Harbor Superfund Site. This is also an opportunity to ask questions of the Potentially Responsible Parties (PRPs).
The meeting will include two segments: (1) open house tabling, and (2) a public forum. The schedule details for the evening are as follows:
- Open House Tabling, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.: Tables will be set-up to provide information in a creative, interactive, and visual way. PRPs who have signed legal agreements with EPA and Non-PRP agencies and groups working on topics like fish consumption and community outreach will be available.
- Public Forum, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.: Welcome, open house report-outs, Proposed Explanation of Significant Difference (ESD) presentation, question and answer session, and next steps.
When and where will the forum take place?
- Location: Revolution Hall • 1300 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97214
- Open House: 2nd Floor Hallway
- Public Forum: Room 101 on the ground floor
- Time: 5:30-8:30 pm
- Food: Dinner will be provided by the Pre-Remedial Design Group and River Mile 11 East Group and will include gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options from Miss’ipi Chef, a minority- and women-owned business. The food will be served on a first-come first-served basis.
Public Transportation and Parking Information:
- Public Transportation – Revolution Hall is on the East Side of Portland and is located within one block of TriMet bus lines 70 and 15, and five blocks from lines 12, 29, and 20.
- Free Street Parking: Free, non-metered street parking is available starting at SE 16th and Stark, two blocks to the West side of the building.
- Parking Lots: The Revolution Hall parking lots are only available to the general public after 6:00 p.m. If you arrive after this time, there is a parking lot South of the building.
- Proposed Explanation of Significant Difference (ESD): EPA released a proposed Explanation of Significant Differences (ESD)for changes to the Portland Harbor Superfund site cleanup plan for a 60-day public comment period ending December 21, 2018. This 60-day comment period incorporates a 30-day extension. Information and materials from the proposed ESD are below:
- Review the full proposed ESD slide deck from the in-person session
- Watch the Proposed ESD webinar recording
Final Agenda: A final agenda for the evening public forum/open house is attached to this email to help provide context about the open house and public forum meeting.
For more information:
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the Open House/Public Forum!