The Port of Portland’s Noise Management group issued a new Continuous Descent Fact Sheet today.
- Oregon Air National Guard (ORANG) was APPROVED to start a 6-month test of expanded use of Continuous Descent Overhead Approach. The test will run from May 1 – Oct 31, 2017.
- Details provided re background on military landing procedures at PDX.
- Landing procedures distinguished – straight-in, overhead break, and continuous descent.
We encourage interested citizens click here to read the Port’s document. If you wish to engage in some more direct dialogue, please attend the ECNA Land Use Committee Meeting this coming Thursday, May 4th at 7pm – this topic is the focus for this meeting.
What: East Columbia NA Land Use Meeting
Date: May 4th, Thursday, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Where: Columbia Community Church, 420 NE Marine Dr.
1. Introductions and announcements
2. F-15 ORANG overhead continuous landing discussion and strategy planning
3. Petition submissions
Note: petition deadline extended to this meeting date, May 4th
4. Follow up tasks and assignments
5. Recognition and thank you!
To gain context re petitions, please see this previous article – a recap of the ECNA April General Meeting. Note: petitions are still being collected even though the test period was approved. They will be presented as one component of community input to the Port on this matter.