From: Wheeler, Mayor
I want to invite you to a community meeting I will host on Zoom this Thursday, Nov. 4th at 6:00PM to discuss the pressing issues that face our beloved city. Please allow 60-90 minutes for the entire meeting.
ZOOM LINK FOR MEETING: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84715883501?pwd=OUczcmNtaVlRTllYMVhPZnpQNmwzZz09
This month we have an unprecedented opportunity for a wide cross section of Portlanders to collaborate on immediate solutions. This year the City has received a surplus of business tax revenues ($62 million), and the Council will propose how to allocate these funds as part of the Fall Budget Monitoring Process (BMP). We are reaching out to hear from you on how you think we should spend these funds.
Please join me for a Zoom presentation and discussion around investments in my priority areas including community safety, livability, houselessness, and equitable and sustainable economic prosperity. The meeting will be interactive and allow you to make real-time comments and suggestions in the moment. Ultimately, your collective ideas will help City Council draft a budget to be voted on November 17th.
We’ll follow-up by sending an Outlook Calendar invite. Please let us know as soon as possible if you can attend by RSVP-ing on the Calendar invite.
If you’re unable to join us but would like to share your thoughts on the City’s Fall BMP, you can also:
- Provide oral testimony to Council on Nov. 10 by signing up at the Council Agenda webpage between Nov. 5 at 9am through Nov. 9 at 4pm.
- Submit written testimony by emailing the Council clerk firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, preferably before November 10 so Council offices hear your voice prior to convening.
- Submit written testimony through MapApp at any time: https://www.portlandmaps.com/bps/mapapp/proposals/#/city-budget
- Watch the Council Work Session on November 4 or the Council Hearing on November 10.
Thank you for all you do, and I hope you and yours are staying healthy and safe.
| Mayor Ted Wheeler Pronouns: He/Him/His|
1221 SW Fourth Avenue, Suite 340 Portland, OR 97204 www.portland.gov/wheeler
The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access. To request translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, or other auxiliary aids or services, contact 503-823-1125, Relay: 711.
(503) 823-1125: 口笔译服务| Chiaku me Awewen Kapas | अनुवादन तथा व्याख्या |Устный и письменный перевод | Turjumaad iyo Fasiraad | Traducción e Interpretación | Письмовий і усний переклад | Biên Dịch và Thông Dịch |