Construction to Begin October 11
Environmental Services – your sewer and stormwater utility – is constructing a project to replace approximately 300 feet of storm pipe on NE 13th Avenue at NE South Shore Road. The existing pipe is blocked at several locations and has backed up water into the neighborhood. This storm pipe replacement will increase system capacity and relieve neighborhood flooding.
To view a project map, visit www.portland.gov/bes/NE13thandSouthShore.
Construction will begin as soon as next week. Work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with Saturdays if needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
You can expect the following activities and impacts with this sewer project:
- Safe Work Site: Safety is our top priority for every construction site. You can help keep the area safe by staying clear of all construction activities and keeping children, pets, and vehicles out of construction areas.
- Noise, Vibration, and Dust: Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- Traffic Delays: You should expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers. The contractor will maintain local access to all properties, but construction may impact normal use of your driveway or entrance to your business
- Parking Restrictions: On‐street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
- Equipment Storage: Some equipment and materials will be stored on your street or nearby streets overnight.
- Maintained Service: Sewer, water, and other utilities will remain in service during construction.
- Typical Work Hours: Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Schedule Changes and Inactivity: Construction schedules can change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials. These same variables may cause periods of inactivity during construction phases.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
We will be sending periodic project email updates on the project progress. To receive updates, please email Debbie.Caselton@portlandoregon.gov with “NE 13th South Shore” in the subject line or sign up on the project webpage at www.portland.gov/bes/NE13thandSouthShore.