Join your neighbors in celebration
of Portland’s Rose History!
All are invited to a FREE family event –
SATURDAY, AUGUST 26, 2017
11:00AM – 8:30PM
The Rose Garden is turning 100 years old – 1917-2017.
In the City of Roses, that means it’s time for neighbors and friends to celebrate, and all are invited!
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
- Kickoff ceremony – 11:00AM in the Royal Rosarian Garden – with City Commissioner Eudaly.
- Free Cupcakes – for the first 500 guests, following the 11:00AM kickoff.
- Art among the roses – Youth Art Gallery – Students from across the Portland Public School system have created art that celebrates roses, city-scapes, and Portland.
- Garden tours – hourly from noon-5:00PM, meet near the Rose Garden Store.
- Rose finder and discovery guide – follow the map and find the flags that identify special varieties of roses, and learn what makes them unique.
- Music in the roses – Stroll the garden and find local musicians playing tunes to entertain you.
- Painting station and Rose crafts – where adults and kids can get their own art on.
- Rose ice tea samples – in the Shakespeare Garden.
- Rose ice cream – developed especially for this event by Salt & Straw.
- Over the years – a historic display of the garden.
- Rose temporary tattoos – a beautiful reminder of the day.
- Food vendors – plenty to eat and drink so you can wander the garden and enjoy.
- Ribbon cutting – 6:00PM in the Royal Rosarian Garden – City Commissioner Fritz will lead a celebratory ribbon cutting honoring completion of the ADA accessibility project, funded by the voter-approved Parks Replacement Bond.
- Concert in the Rose Garden Amphiteater – we are combining this event with the Washington Park Summer Festival and have a free concert scheduled for 6:30PM with Pilón d’Azucar (Cuban salsa, timba, Afro-Cuban jazz).
WE’LL GET YOU THERE
- Please read the info graphic below for travel tips on getting to the event.